I am in love today – with myself – because a high self-esteem is so incredibly important, so I appreciate myself a lot today. Some days not as much, and some days I wallow around in self-pity a bit, but today, with all this love in the air, I’m glad to be alive and to be as healthy as I am. Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to workout.
So, Valentine’s Day isn’t any different than any other day. I tried to stick to Paleo as much as I could, so I made these awesomely delicious Paleo Pancakes, and I would HIGHLY recommend them! My only suggestion would be to add a sweetener – so I’d probably add a few table spoons of sucralose (Splenda).
I had them for breakfast and lunch!
For dinner, my honey decided to do a home made pizza (first time for me!) He went out and got the dough and fresh ingredients to make Margherita Pizza – and it turned out delicious! I know, it’s not Paleo, but it was Valentine’s Day, and he was being thoughtful. It was very easy to make with only a handful of ingredients.
- Spread the dough on the pizza pan
- Brush the dough with olive oil
- Spread minced garlic all over
- Place fresh mozzarella slices all over
- Place fresh roma tomato slices all over
- Place fresh basil leaves all over
- Sprinkle some fresh thyme
- Sprinkle salt and pepper
- Bake on 425 degrees for about 12 minutes and it’s done!!!!